- Very excited about this project: a website for Isala, a project about the female microbiome.
- I was very happy to be able to talk at WordCamp Antwerp (28/3) and Drupal Dev Days (9/4) called A talk that nobody wants to hear. I would have talked about about climate change, the internet and our responsibility, and why and how I built globalwarning.blog on top of WordPress to have a minimal environmental impact. Unfortunately, both of these events are postponed due to social measures against the spreading of the coronavirus.
- Launched a blog called Global Warning, a side-project to raise awareness about the impact of the internet and related technologies on our environment. This site is the WordPress version of the original site and its pages load in about only 20-30 kb to save energy.
- Built some landing pages for YUN products, a company that is revolutionising probiotherapy.
- Launched a membership site for VVAG, an association of doctors for people with disabilities
- Working on the story of LittleBigThings
From the blog
Recently, I turned this site into a WordPress website to blog about the impact of the internet to climate change. So, meet the blog Global Warning.
In my talk at WordCamp Antwerp 2018, I tried to summarize the benefits of the Customizer for users as well as for designers and developers. To do this, I built a presentation in the Customizer.
In this post I am showing you how you can build a presentation using the presentation theme (WordPresent) I created.
What I’m reading
Ruined by design
A book about how designers are the gate keepers and responsible for the things they release into the world
Hoe gaan we dit uitleggen
A book about climate change in Dutch, with a somewhat different point of view for explaining it
De meeste mensen deugen
A book about how most people are actually good…
We are the weather: saving the planet begins at breakfast
Jonathan Safran Foer
A book about how changing are eating habits could largely reduce our ecological footprint
- Global Warning: a WordPress blog with a tiny footprint
- A site with a tiny footprint about global warming
- Building a presentation in the WordPress Customizer
- Speaking at WordCamp Antwerp 2018
- The WordPress admin: WP’s strength and weakness
- Balancing family life and kids with work
- My first real “props”