- Launching a blog called Global Warning. It is a side-project and its goal is to raise consciousness about the impact of the internet and related technology on our planet. This site is the WordPress version of the site mentioned below and it loads in about 20 kb to save energy.
- Launched a new site for ExpAnt24. It was my first real cooperation with Studio Maria, 2 of the finest Liesbeth’s I know. 😉
- Built a landing page for a campaign for the product FNG and another one for the product VGN from YUN, a company that is popularising probiotherapy
- Launched a membership site for VVAG, an association of doctors for people with disabilities
- A site about global warming that loads in less than 10 kb.
I was pleasantly surprised when Jack Lenox mentioned this little project
- Contributed to the Gutenberg starter theme. This is a WordPress theme that reproduces the styling of the block editor on the front-end and is meant to start with when developing a theme that supports all core blocks.
- Contributed to Twenty Nineteen, the new WordPress default theme, with full support for the new block editor (Gutenberg). That is the theme you are looking at right now. 🙂 It has passed 1 million active installs! 🎉 Give the new editor a try with this theme or build your own based on it.
- Working on the story of LittleBigThings
In my talk at WordCamp Antwerp 2018, I tried to summarize the benefits of the Customizer for users as well as for designers and developers. To do this, I built a presentation in the Customizer.
In this post I am showing you how you can build a presentation using the presentation theme (WordPresent) I created.
What I’m reading
- Ruined by design by Mike Monteiro – a book about how designers are the gate keepers and responsible for the things they release into the world
- Hoe gaan we dit uitleggen by Jelmer Mommers – a book about climate change in Dutch, with a somewhat different point of view for explaining it