- Ok, it’s not really working, but I attended WordCamp Europe, a conference about WordPress, this year in Berlin, Germany. I had a great time with my sweet, geeky friends and made some new friends. I learned a lot and got motivated and inspired. Thank you all! 🙂
- Launched a new site for ExpAnt24. It was my first real cooperation with Studio Maria, 2 of the finest Liesbeth’s I know. 😉
- Built a landing page for a campaign for the product FNG and another one for the product VGN from YUN, a company that is popularising probiotherapy
- Launched a membership site for VVAG, an association of doctors for people with disabilities
- The WordPress version of a site about global warming that loads in less than 10 kb (globalwarning.blog, still in the making).
I was pleasantly surprised when Jack Lenox mentioned this little project
- Contributed to Twenty Nineteen, the new WordPress default theme, with full support for the new block editor (Gutenberg). That is the theme you are looking at right now. 🙂 It has passed 1 million active installs! 🎉 Give the new editor a try with this theme or build your own based on it.
- Hopes to be working on the story of LittleBigThings when procrastination is fading… 😉
- Being pleasantly distracted by musical ideas and projects, and things that are much more important in life than web design 🙂
Building a presentation in the WordPress Customizer
In my talk at WordCamp Antwerp 2018, I tried to summarize the benefits of the Customizer for users as well as for designers and developers. To do this, I built a presentation in the Customizer.
In this post I am showing you how you can build a presentation using the presentation theme (WordPresent) I created.
What I’m reading
- Ruined by design by Mike Monteiro – a book about how designers are the gate keepers and responsible for the things they release into the world
- Hoe gaan we dit uitleggen by Jelmer Mommers – a book about climate change in Dutch, with a somewhat different point of view for explaining it